Audition Killjoy Quiz| 23 October 2019
KillJoy is a performance quiz dealing with our reading strategies and biases, addressing how multiple forms of violence are made possible through the use of language. Which dominant discourses do we all maintain, consciously or unconsciously? How does language seduce our thinking collectively and individually? How do we position ourselves on key issues such as misogyny, racism, migration, economic imperialism, education, gender equality, ecology...? The cunning multiple-choice questions in this production mercilessly expose a number of our preconceptions.
We are looking for this profile:
- You are a woman of color.
- You are willing to be on stage with five other women of color and help dismantle the racist ideology that women of color do not produce knowledge.
- You are an avid reader and can comment fiercely on the content you read.
- Your English is very good. You don’t have to be a native speaker but be able to use grammar correctly. Accents very welcome!
- You have a good sense of humor.
- If you are queer, that’s a plus!
- If you know how to sing and dance, also a plus!
Residencies will take place in different weeks between February—July 2020. You are available (enough) during this period (schedule: to be looked at).
Full month creation rehearsal will take place from September—(end) October 2020 (opening at NTGent/Ghent International Festival). You are totally available during this period.
Please send us a video of max. 3 minutes wherein you read a paragraph and comment on it. (Commenting first and then reading is also an option, feel free, so none of us get bored.)
- You can choose from these options:
- your favorite book
- a (feminist) manifesto
- a theoretical text
- something you’ve written yourself
Deadline: 15/11/19. Contact: email@example.com
(Please add ‘AUDITIONS KILLJOY + YOUR NAME’ on the title of the mail)
Auditions: Saturday 30/11 between 10am and 6pm in NTGent/Arca, Sint-Widostraat 4, 9000 Gent.