Casting call: We are looking for volunteers for "Liebestod- Histoire(s) du théâtre III".| 19 March 2021
With Liebestod - Histoire(s) du Théâtre III, meaning ‘death of love’ and used to describe the final aria of Richard Wagner’s tragic opera Tristan and Isolde, Angélica Liddell explores her fundamental ideas about theatre, tragedy and its relevance.
Angélica Liddell is known for her unconventional and visually stunning works about personal, social and political violence. Her plays have been shown all over the world, at international festivals and have been rewarded many times.
For this creation Angélica Liddell will be on stage herself and we are looking now for volunteers to complete the cast and create this Histoire du Théâtre.
We are looking for:
- Fathers with their babies (younger than 1 year) for a baptizing scene
- An athletic, tall male person of colour
- Working language will be Spanish/ French/ English: you should be able to communicate in one of these languages.
- Experience on stage is a plus, but no precondition
- You should not be allergic to cats as their will be cats on stage
- Casting: 28th of May 2021
- Rehearsals: 4th, 11th, 18th of June and dress rehearsals between 21st of June and 1st of July 2021
- The premiere in Ghent will be on the 13th of October 2021 follwed by performances on the: 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th of October 2021
- We offer a volunteer allowance for every performance and a meal during the rehearsals.
Please send your photo (portrait + full body) and your CV with a motivation letter to email@example.com before 17 May 2021.