Anatomie van pijn
Lies Pauwels (Het Hamiltoncomplex) directs a performance about a life with pain and pain in life. Pain as symphony, as solitary experiment, as painful blunder, eternal or acute, as demon or as relief, as label or as portent of doom. Pain is not an isolated matter, it is sometimes a way of being. This performance builds on the experiences of people who suffer from pain, both physically as well as mentally. Together with four performing artists they analyse pain and its metaphors.
"In this performance, artists in excellent health share the stage with people who are chronically ill. This collaboration is enormously inspiring," Pauwels says, "While we pretend that the world is manageable, chronically ill people know the human gut. They incarnate the sensitivity and weltschmerz that can be found in many classics. I call them (after Diane Arbus) the 'aristocrats of the gut feeling'. They know things that we close our eyes to and that's what I'm looking for. The artists are a metaphor for the theme on which I want to make a performance. What condition is the world in? How do we cope with the stumbling sides? Do we ignore them? What about our vulnerability?"
Imaginative, disruptive and uncompromising.****Hein Janssen - De Volkskrant
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
- 20 Dec 19 — Etcetera: Het zwarte gat van de pijn
- 19 Dec 19 — Pzazz: Cirkels van pijn
- 13 Dec 19 — Klara: Lies Pauwels op Pompidou (vanaf 41:37)
- 13 Dec 19 — De Standaard: Pijn is geen pretpark (recensie Anatomie van Pijn)
- 13 Dec 19 — Het Nieuwsblad: De pijn was niet wederzijds ** (Recensie Anatomie van Pijn)
- 10 Dec 19 — Radio 1: Over nieuwe voorstelling 'Anatomie van Pijn' van NTGent (radiofragment)
- 10 Dec 19 — VRT: Pijnpatiënten spelen expertenrol in "Anatomie van pijn" in NTGent (videofragment)
- 9 Dec 19 — De Standaard: Theater dat zeer doet (beeldverhaal over Anatomie van Pijn - woensdag in première)
- 5 Dec 19 — Klara: interview met Rein Decoodt (cast Anatomie van Pijn - luisterfragment)
- 18 Dec 19 — Subbacultcha: Anatomie van Pijn (interview met Lies Pauwels & cast)